(LOS ANGELES – July 28, 2022) — ASM Global-managed venues earned 33 Prime Site Awards from Facilities & Destinations magazine, which are given to the top convention and exposition centers as voted on by clients who utilize the venues for their conventions, meetings, entertainment and special events.
“The recognition means that, from a client perspective, these venues are standouts in the highly competitive meetings market,” said Steve Lambert, editorial director for Facilities Media Group (FMG) and publisher of Facilities & Destinations and Facilities & Event Management.
Each year (except during COVID), Facilities & Destinations readers make nominations for the Awards of Excellence based on key criteria, such as convenient air accessibility, a state-of-the-art convention center, a diverse and convenient hotel package and a CVB versed in group service. For more than 30 years, FMG, a leading news source for professional planners of conventions, meetings, entertainment and special events, has provided useful information and insightful interviews with key industry personnel.
Facilities & Destinations has a print circulation of approximately 15,000 and a readership of more than 29,000 MICE (meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions) industry professionals, including association and corporate meeting planners and trade show professionals. F&D is a media partner with IMEX, and its publication can be obtained at major industry trade shows.
“We are honored to have 33 venues earn the Prime Site Award from clients who produce events in our buildings,” said Bob McClintock, executive vice president, convention centers, ASM Global. “ASM Global’s commitment to being the world’s leading producer of live-event experiences is evidenced by nearly one-third of our managed convention venues receiving this high recognition from our customers.”
Here's a complete list of the 33 ASM Global-managed venues that earned the Prime Site Award:
- Albany Capital Center, NY
- David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Meadowlands Exposition Center, Secaucus, NJ
- Oncenter, Syracuse, NY
- Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Rhode Island Convention Center, Providence, RI
- Wildwoods Convention Center, Wildwood, NJ
- Greater Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, FL
- Knoxville Convention Center, TN
- Mobile Convention Center, AL
- Shreveport Convention Center, LA
- Branson Convention Center, MO
- Century Center, South Bend, IN
- Greater Columbus Convention Center, OH
- DeVos Place, Grand Rapids, MI
- Glass City Center, Toledo, OH
- Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland, OH/Global Center for Health Innovation, OH
- Huntington Place, Detroit, MI
- McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
- Sioux Falls Convention Center, SD
- Albuquerque Convention Center, NM
- Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO
- Hawaii Convention Center, Honolulu, HI
- Irving Convention Center, TX
- Las Cruces Convention Center, NM
- Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, CA
- Los Angeles Convention Center, CA
- Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
- NRG Center, Houston, TX
- Palm Springs Convention Center, CA
- Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Tucson Convention Center, Tucson, AZ
- Puerto Rico Convention Center, San Juan, PR
A full list of Prime Site Award winners can be found here.
“In addition to offering convenient air accessibility, a state-of-the-art convention center, a diverse and convenient hotel package, and a CVB versed in group service, each of the 33 centers can leverage what we are learning from 300+ total venues around the world to improve the customer experience for their organizers, exhibitors and attendees,” McClintock said. “Plus, with an unmatched commitment to innovation, ASM Global has partnered with companies that will elevate every aspect of service delivery at the venue level for our customers, stakeholders and owners. Partnerships with DoorDash, Clorox, Honeywell, Mobilitie, Anthony James Partners and Qualtrics reinforce our dedication.”