To assist in the smooth running of the Food and Beverage Department, ensuring service standards are maintained and control systems are adhered to. Ensuring the facility is operated efficiently and in line with budgets and that the highest standards of customer service are achieved.
- Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock deliveries, organising and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
- Correctly storing and date rotation of all stock items.
- Accepting and checking of supplier deliveries for the department.
- Prepare stock orders by processing requests from retail supervisors in preparation for events.
- Regular beer line cleaning and quality checks, keeping records of any wastage of product in the process.
- Ensuring that cellar equipment is in full working order, reporting any faults in a timely manner to the relevant personnel and/or maintenance contractor ensuring equipment is functioning for business delivery.
- Organise warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times and keep a clean safe working environment.
- Work with supervisors to ensure bars are restocked and cleaned at the end of events.
- Ensure safety is maintained at all times including all personnel within work area wearing appropriate PPE & equipment.
- Ensure there are no ‘stock outs’ during events by continually adding stock from warehouse as required.
- Continually review the operation with a view to add efficiency savings and generate additional revenue streams.
- To undertake any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably requested.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- 2 yrs previous warehouse experience.
- Bar/Cellar experience ideally in a supervisory role.
- Good communication, organisational skills.
- Reliability and good time keeping.
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills required.
- Forklift License preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- A desire to develop their career.
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends and evenings and public holidays.
The role will entail a level of physical work including lifting and movement of heavy items – previous manual handling training desirable but can be provided.
There will be requirement to work at other ASM Global & CGC venues.