As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world. Delivering great experiences is dependent on creating a safe and secure environment for our customers and employees. That’s why security is at the forefront of every event and every venue, from Stockholm to Aberdeen.
As part of our continued growth and success, we are recruiting for a Venue Security Manager to join our team taking responsibility for Utilita Arena in Newcastle, and Playhouse Whitley Bay.
Utilita Arena Newcastle is one of the most prestigious and important venues in the North East of England as the largest indoor entertainment and exhibition venue, on the iconic Newcastle River Tyne, with an 11000-capacity auditorium, 600 surface car park in the city centre of Newcastle, entertaining 500,000 visitors per year.
Playhouse Whitley Bay having undergone a £8.5 million refurbishment by North Tyneside Council and partly funded by the European Regional Development Fund in 2009, is a stunning contemporary, state of the art Theatre with 638 spacious seats, located in the historic seaside town of Whitley Bay.
This challenging and exciting role requires candidates with a good level of experience either working in the event security sector or crowded places such as shopping centres, airports or stadia. We value interpersonal skills and teamwork and whilst technical qualifications are important we will support the candidate with relevant experience to gain these qualifications through a professional development program.
The Venue Security Manager will provide leadership for all aspects of security and emergency management at the venue. They will be confident in assessing a wide range of security risks including counter terrorism risks facing events and crowded places as well as the venue assets.
Essential Duties and key Responsibilities include -
- Provide tactical level and operational leadership to all aspects of the security related risks at venue level.
- Create and implement security department SOP’s.
- Create, review, implement and update policies and procedures for the protection of customers, employees and our assets.
- Consult and collaborate with the events team on the planning of events and specifically assess, document and plan the mitigation measures for any identified security risks.Attending both events and operations meetings.
- Collaborate and liaise with local stakeholders and regulatory bodies such the Local Authority, Licensing Departments, Police and other emergency services.
- Manage and review the Protective Security Improvement Activity and develop a good working relationship with the local Counter Terrorism Security Advisor.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Security Director to support and develop group wide security initiatives and training.
- Chair venue H&S Committee(s).
- Collaborate with Operations and Events team in relation to the management of external providers including Security and Stewarding and Medical
- Manage the employment of venue security staff including permanent, casual and contracted staff.
- Be the primary Event Safety Officer, conducting, reporting and monitoring actions from venue safety and hygiene inspections before and during the event, attending production security and safety meetings/briefings.
- Support the Head of Operations with all aspects of venue safety; Fire Risk Assessments, COSHH management, pyrotechnic storage, risk assessment, implementation and monitoring.
- Provide operational support in the Security Event Control including monitoring of CCTV, Fire systems and radio communications systems.
- To coordinate planned and proactive internal and external security patrols, including reporting process.
- Work with the Duty Manager during events should an emergency situation arise in line with roles and responsibilities, support decision making and ensure incidents are logged effectively.
- Liaise with Event / Duty Managers in regards to visiting production security or Promoter Representative for any breaches of house policy or procedures.
- Investigate safety, injury and security related incidents including recording, reporting at the time to Duty Manager and Head of Operations and producing reports for, and investigating for insurance claims and Police investigations.
- Support management of non-event cleaning personnel and stock procurement and management.
- Monitor ensuring event Terrorism Threat Response contract services are in line with plan, risk management and personnel deployment, rectify matters in accordance with instructions.
- Act as COVID Compliance Officer working within the protocols of VenueShield.
The role at Whitley Bay Playhouse is to provide support and mentoring to the Operations team if the following areas:
- Consultation and advice on security posture and arrangements related.
- Develop operational security plans and procedures
- Select, recruit and train the in-house security provision and audit the operation periodically
- Develop and deliver yearly emergency exercises with the Whitley Bay Operations team.
- Maintain an overview event security risk assessment processes and ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
- Provide updates on security related legislation and industry guidance.
- Audit and review site security arrangements.
- Develop and deliver security and contingency related desktop training activities on at least and annual basis.
- Counter terrorism/security risk assessment qualification or relevant experience.
- Level 5 qualification in Security Management (or equivalent vocational training/ experience). We will accept applications from candidates that do not have the qualification if they have exceptional experience in writing security plans and risk management.
- Counter terrorism experience including understanding terrorism threats and protective security measures.
- Previous management experience preferably in events, hospitality, shopping centres, football stadia, airports, police or military.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills.
- The ability to take control of an emergency incident and remain calm under pressure
- Have the confidence/ability to deal with difficult situations including those involving conflict.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Reliable and flexible to include working evenings and weekends.
- Crowd management experience.
- Safety Officer or Fire Officer Training.
- SCaN and Act Awareness training for Operational Managers.
- ASM Global requires all security staff to be vetted in accordance with BS7858 which includes the following:
- 5 years of employment verification
- 6 year credit search
- Proof of ID & UK right to work
- Proof of address
- Completion of basic disclosure/ACPO
- Coverage of any 31+ day employment gap
- To comply with changes in legislation and company policies training will be provided as required from time to time of this position in order to maintain the appropriate levels of service within the facility.