To promote sales for the venue across all channels. Assist in diary management and lead on conferencing delivery for the venue.
Overview of C&E Marketing function of the venue. Responsible for PR, promotion and maximization of commercial & hospitality revenue at the York Barbican. To drive development of new commercial opportunities.
- To work with the General Manager and team to formulate and implement a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy to achieve commercial growth.
- To promote the venue which will involve maximizing our industry profile, the development and production of appropriate literature, contact with potential clients and media contact etc.
- To work in conjunction with the General Manager and Central Booking Team in the management of the York Barbican event diary for all event types.
- Responsible for servicing conference enquires, conversion to booking, planning and delivery. Developing the venue conferencing offer and actively promoting.
- To develop and maintain the venues relationships across sponsorship partners, commercial/corporate sales and the local community.
- To produce reports, analysis and recommendations as may be periodically required.
- To develop and implement a sales target achievement tracking system.
- To work with other Department Managers to maximize opportunities and ensure delivery.
- To develop and foster customer centric attitude in everything we do.
- To maximize client relationships to ensure high levels of retention and repeat business.
- To sell, promote, and otherwise administer the premium seating and hospitality offers at the venue to meet commercial targets.
- To keep abreast of industry developments and to adopt best practice.
- To duty manage events.
- To undertake any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably requested.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Two years commercial marketing or conferencing experience, it would be a distinct advantage if this has been gained in a leisure, sports or entertainment venue.
- Operated at a management level in either sales, marketing or conferencing.
- Have a proven track record of formulating and implementing successful sales strategies.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- A strong leader, charismatic, motivational who will lead by example and achieve excellent individual and team results.
- Sound financial knowledge of budgeting and margin control.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to demonstrate personal success in a current role and looking to accept the next challenge.
- Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends and evenings.
- There may be a requirement to travel in the UK.