Imagine What We Can Do Together
Every day we are committed to delivering amazing experiences. We are excited, inspired and ready to go the extra mile to make every live experience memorable for our clients, partners and guests. We always aspire to look for new ways to envision, innovate, and activate the spaces and places that bring people together to elevate the human spirit, while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders.
You must take full ownership of their duties and tasks and use their initiative to manage their time accordingly in order to achieve the full requirements of the role.
Responsible for the highest standard of maintenance which includes Reactive, Planned Preventative and Scheduled Maintenance Services providing best possible support to the Bridgewater Hall and ancillary venues, clients and customers ensuring events are delivered whilst providing premises that are safe and secure fully in compliance with statutory standards and approved codes of practice. The role is focused on maintaining and developing the facilities and installed systems, along with delivering event and building services in preparation, during and after event occupancy.
You shall take ownership of the operation, maintenance and service of all building services, infrastructure and equipment in order to plan work/services to maximise reliability and availability thereby maintaining environmental conditions and standards of service.
- Support the Venue with achieving statutory compliance, acceptable functional performance as a minimum and, a service which is customer focused and supports frontline event delivery.
- Demonstrate the ability and contribute toward building strong working relationships and effective communication within the all venue departments, with clients, the Estate HUB and with external contractors.
- Attend and on occasion lead meetings, including technical updates and toolbox talks and promote collective working and demonstrate a cooperative working approach in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the venue operations.
- To understand the workings of engineering services, systems and plant within the Venue. Ensuring that they are maintained to a high standard and are utilised safely and efficiently.
- Provide technical support during events, load in and load outs both internally and externally and acting as event engineer including the installation of temporary power, operation of the building’s sound and lighting systems and event time reactive maintenance. Demonstrating competency and knowledge of BS7671 and BS7909.
- To support project development and delivery across all departments.
- To support the other roles within the venue, providing assistance when and where requested.
- To support the development and use of a CAFM system to track and coordinate all maintenance activities, both planned and reactive. Receiving, updating and closing off requests and maintaining records.
- Ensure a prompt response to alarms generated by the Building Systems.
- Develop, review and maintain relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work in line with Health and Safety Legislation and Approved Codes of Practice.
- To respond to breakdowns of equipment and to carry out testing, maintenance and diagnose faults and carry out timely repairs safely to all engineering, plant and building services and equipment.
- To undertake minor new works or refurbishments and to assist specialist contractors and sub-contractors in installations and refurbishments to the building fabric, plant, building systems.
- Service, maintain and repair building fabric, plant, assets, building systems and building services both to PPM schedules and reactively.
- To assess the requirements for and maintain stock levels and replenishment of critical spare parts and components.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture and ensure all work activities comply with ASM Global Health and Safety policies and procedures (including environment and safe systems of work policies).
- Support sustainability initiatives, environmental compliance and support measures for increased efficiency and minimalising impact.
Skills and Qualifications
- An engineering qualification to a minimum of NVQ Level 3/C&G/ONC or equivalent together with experience post qualification in a maintenance environment. Ideally knowledge of Electrical systems, Control Engineering systems and experience of Mechanical, Building Maintenance, and Plumbing.
- Evidence of knowledge of BS7671 and BS7909 in relation to electrical systems.
- Previous Experience within the Events industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of Portable appliance and fixed appliance testing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Safe Isolation procedures.
- An awareness of Microsoft office software.
- Awareness of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Software Systems
- Able to demonstrate the necessary communicative skills required for success in the Venue and Events sector. Passionate about service delivery standards and keen to lead by example.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and take responsibility for problem solving, fault finding and repairs as required.
- Recent Counter balance Fork Lift Truck training and IPAF are desirable.
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends, evenings and public holidays. The role will involve physical labour tasks including manual handling. There may be a requirement to travel to other ASM Global Venues.