Reporting to: Head of FM, HSE and Security (additional dotted line reporting to Corporate Head of Group Health, Safety and Risk)
Purpose of Role
As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world. Delivering great experiences is dependent on creating a safe and secure environment for our customers and employees. That’s why a robust HSE structure is at the forefront of every event and every venue, from Stockholm to Aberdeen.
P&J Live is the largest event complex in the North of Scotland, boasting world-class conference and exhibition facilities for organisers and delegates across the globe, all sustainably powered by local, renewable energy sources.
The Venue HSE Advisor will provide support for all aspects of health, safety and environmental management at the venue. They will be confident in assessing a wide range of hazards posing a risk to all persons at the venue including crowd management and crowded places.
Essential duties and key responsibilities:
- Ongoing maintenance, development and implementation of ASM Global's HSE management system
- Create, review, implement and update policies, procedures, RAMS for the protection of customers, employees and our assets.
- Coordination and completion of sustainability reporting activities and supporting actions
- Coordination of competence management and training recertification
- Provide support to the events team on the planning of events and specifically assess, document and advise on mitigation measures for any identified safety risks.
- Liaise with local stakeholders and regulatory bodies such the Local Authority, SFRS, SPS and other emergency services.
- Collaborate with the Head of Group Health, Safety and Risk to support and develop group wide HSE initiatives and training.
- Work with the Event and Operations Team to organise annual emergency training or desktop exercises.
- Assist with evaluating suppliers and subcontractors in line with procurement protocols.
- Support the management and review of contracted service providers auditing their compliance with the services contracts.
- Provide support where required in the Security Control Room or the Event Control Room where required by operational teams.
- Undertake internal audits on all area of business activity, reviewing and collating collected data to identify trends and develop strategic actions and goals.
- Monitor and collate data received through the Accident and Incident reporting processes
- Work with the Event Manager and on duty Senior Manager during events should an emergency situation arise.
- Liaise with visiting production teams, on any breaches of house policies and procedures.
- Engage with industry groups such as AEV and NAA.
- Investigate safety related incidents including producing reports for submission as part of insurance claims.
- Any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role assigned by the Head of department or Managing Director.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Proven Health and Safety Experience (ideally in a construction or operationally similar environment).
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- The ability to take control of an emergency incident such as an evacuation and remain calm under pressure and the confidence/ability to deal with difficult situations including those involving conflict.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
- Reliable and flexible the requirements of the business are such that a flexible working pattern is required including working evenings and weekends.
- FREC 3 or FPOS First Aid qualification.
- Crowd management experience.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety.
- Act Awareness training for Operational Managers.
- Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
ASM Global requires all staff to be vetted and the following will be required:
- 5 years of employment verification.
- Proof of ID & UK right to work.
- Proof of address.
- Proof of Qualification.
- Coverage of any 31+ day employment gap.
To comply with changes in legislation and company policies training will be provided as required from time to time of this position in order to maintain the appropriate levels of service within the facility.