Imagine What We Can Do Together
Every day we are committed to delivering amazing experiences. We are excited, inspired, and ready to go the extra mile to make every live experience memorable for our clients, partners and guests. We always aspire to look for new ways to envision, innovate, and activate the spaces and places that bring people together to elevate the human spirit, while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders.
In conjunction with the other members of the Technical and Building Services department provide a comprehensive and professional technical service to the clients and internal customers of the OVO Arena Wembley in line with agreed budgets, ASM Global company policy and all appropriate Health and Safety policies, procedures, and legislation. Assist the Technical and Building services team with the maintenance and upkeep of all key equipment within the venue and the safe planning and delivery of events as required.
The post holder must take full ownership of their duties and tasks and use their initiative to manage their time accordingly to achieve the full requirements of the role.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
- Support the management and Venue with achieving statutory compliance, acceptable functional performance and a service which is customer focused and supports frontline event delivery.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and communications with staff, visitors, and clients at all times, toward building strong working relationships and effective communication
- Attend any meetings as required.
- Provide technical advice and information to clients, external agencies and internal departments as required.
- Maintain accurate records in line with Legal and Business Critical Requirements.
- To support project development and delivery across all departments.
- Provide technical advice and support to other departments.
- To support the other roles within the venue, providing assistance as and when needed.
- During emergencies and urgent situations undertake tasks outside of your core discipline and work both closely and supportively with other departments, clients and external customers.
- To undertake activities unsupervised and deliver high standards.
- Provide local knowledge, ensuring works are carried out safely.
- Work to protect and maintain the fabric of the building.
- To ensure the use of all PPE provided when required for working activities in line with method statements and safe systems of work.
- To take responsibility for the security and good housekeeping of restricted areas, plant rooms, and storage spaces.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture and ensure all work activities comply with ASM Global Health and Safety policies and procedures (including environment and safe systems of work policies). Including :
- Undertaking, developing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements for work in which the role involves.
- Completing incident forms for accidents or near misses or events which require reporting.
- Remaining vigilant of unforeseen hazards and risks to oneself and others.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward learning new skills and undertaking training including travelling to alternative locations to undertake training.
- Support sustainability initiatives, environmental compliance and support measures for increased efficiency and minimalizing impact.
- To observe and comply with security policies in relation to personal behaviour and the protection of ASM global buildings and assets.
- To undertake any other relevant duties within the level of responsibility of the role as assigned by Technical Director and Technical Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a maintenance environment.
- Previous Experience within the Events industry.
- Basic use of Microsoft office software.
- Able to demonstrate the necessary communicative skills required for success in the Venue and Events sector. Passionate about service delivery standards and keen to lead by example.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and take responsibility for problem solving, fault finding, and repairs
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement to work weekends, evenings, and public holidays. The role will involve physical labour tasks including manual handling.