To support the Head Chef in the overall management of the kitchen brigade, with a specific emphasis on food production for all areas of the Hall.
Main areas of responsibility
- Under the direction of the Head Chef, to lead food production in all areas
- Checking stock levels on a daily basis and placing orders accordingly.
- To assist the Head Chef in menu design and planning
- Motivate and develop staff giving on the job training in line with the Hall’s menu specifications.
- Organise weekly rota and duties for kitchen staff.
- Ensure compliance with all the current Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and Allergen regulations and ensure are implemented in all areas.
- To deputise for the Head Chef and undertake any duties when required.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head Chef.
- To plan and design the Charles Halle restaurant Menus.
- Ensure cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- To work closely with the bars and catering management team to deliver food to our clients requirements.
- Generally service is finished by 8pm.
The ideal candidate will have:
A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar environment
The ability to work under pressure
Strong leadership and communication skills
A flexible approach to working
A good knowledge of contemporary menu design
Be aware of current industry trends