To assist in the smooth running of the Food and Beverage Department, supporting the Executive/Head chef and the rest of the kitchen team in ensuring the facility operates efficiently and in line with budgets whilst delivering customer service excellence.
As Sous Chef, you are responsible for preparing and executing menu’s and assisting with the training of the kitchen team to deliver an excellent Guest experience. As Sous Chef you will also be required to assist in food cost control, support in delivering special events, assist in the training of culinary teams and monitor and maintain excellent culinary standards.
- Having a hands on approach with food production.
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality food.
- Assist in delegating tasks to the kitchen brigade to ensure the smooth and efficient operation.
- Ensuring new Hospitality and Concession food menus are executed to the highest of standards.
- Motivating the team to maintain high food standards and overseeing excellent food hygiene standards.
- To assist in maintaining and completing relevant paperwork regarding production, wastage and cleaning records.
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue.
- All deliveries are received, checked against invoice and quality controlled.
- Overseeing food is stored and labelled in correct location, also rotating stock when necessary.
- Any other reasonable duties as instructed by Executive/ Head Chef and management to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure ASM Global food safety, health and safety and COSHH all meet a high standard.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Professional Cookery Level 2 qualification or equivalent.
- Passion for great food and excellent service delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding culinary skills.
- Ability to motivate, train and mentor chefs.
- Experience in training culinary skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Financially astute with regards to food costings.
- Ability to work on own initiative but within a framework.
- Keen interest in current/ new culinary trends.
- The ability to constantly perform well in high-pressure and fast paced environment.
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure the smooth running of kitchens.
- In depth knowledge of all the sections in a kitchen to efficiently manage operations.
- Ability to solve problems whilst still maintaining high level of attention to detail.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement to work weekends and evenings and public holidays.
There may be requirement to work at other ASM Global venues (including CGC sites).