To assist in the smooth running of the Food and Beverage Department, supporting the Executive/ Head chef in ensuring the facility operates efficiently and in line with budgets and delivering the highest possible standards of customer service.
As Senior Sous Chef, you are responsible for contributing to menu creation and managing, and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. You will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of special events and assisting with the training of culinary teams to exceptional culinary standards.
- Having a hands on approach with food production.
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality food.
- Assist in managing and motivating the kitchen team, assigning jobs to ensure the smooth operation.
- Assist in designing and introducing new Hospitality and Concession food menus.
- Ensuring food quality is consistently high and all hygiene standards are exceeded.
- To assist in maintaining and completing relevant paperwork regarding production, wastage and cleaning records.
- Assist the Head Chef in managing customer relations when necessary, in their absence.
- Ensure resources meet business needs through the effective management of working rotas.
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of your team.
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue.
- Knowledge of activities in other departments and implications.
- Ensuring all ASM Global procedures and systems are being adhered to in all kitchens.
- Any other reasonable duties as instructed by Executive/ Head Chef and management to meet the needs of the business
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Professional Cookery Level 2 qualification or equivalent.
- Passion for great food and service delivery excellence.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding culinary skills.
- Ability to motivate and develop chefs.
- Experience in training culinary skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Financially astute with regards to food costings and margin management.
- Ability to work on own initiative but within a framework.
- Keen interest in current/new culinary trends.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including; Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to constantly perform well in high-pressure and fast paced environment.
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure the smooth running of kitchens.
- In depth knowledge of all the sections in a kitchen to efficiently manage operations.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement to work weekends and evenings and public holidays.
There may be requirement to work at other ASM Global venues (including CGC sites).