Imagine What We Can Do Together.
Every day we are committed to delivering amazing experiences. We are excited, inspired and ready to go the extra mile to make every live experience memorable for our clients, partners and guests. We always aspire to look for new ways to envision, innovate, and activate the spaces and places that bring people together to elevate the human spirit, while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders.
The post holder must take full ownership of their duties and tasks and use their initiative to manage their time accordingly in order to achieve the full requirements of the role.
Responsible for the highest standard of maintenance which includes Estates and Facilities Projects which support the delivery Estates Planned and Reactive Maintenance
The Post Holder shall be the lead for all maintenance and servicing of all building services, infrastructure and equipment in order to plan work/services to maximise reliability and availability thereby maintaining environmental conditions and standards of service.
The Post holder will provide and co-ordinate technical training for all the Estate Hub and Venues Engineering Teams
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
- To carry out, coordinate and plan, working with the Hub Estates Manager Manager and Estates Hub Teams to deliver high quality service.
- The Post holder will be the Technical Project Lead for the Hub Estates Team ensuring both Venue and Hub Estates Staff are aware of changes to legislation and engineering codes of practice.
- To ensure statutory compliance, acceptable functional performance as a minimum and, a service which is customer focused and supports the Estates Service.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and communications with staff, visitors and clients at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability and contribute toward building strong working relationships and effective communication within the all venue departments, with clients, Venues Multi Skilled Engineering Staff and with external contractors.
- The post holder shall ensure they gain understanding of the scope of planned, reactive and new works and processes of procurement and scheduling. Making assessments and estimates towards works and projects, labour requirements, costs, parts and equipment requirements.
- The Post Holder will be the Engineer for the mobilisation of the new Computer aided Facilities Management (Cafm) System Developing PPM schemes for all Plant, Equipment and Building Assets working with ASM Estates Director and FM Hub Estates managers.
- To Lead on the development and utilise use of a CAFM system as directed to track and coordinate all maintenance activities, both planned and reactive. Receiving, updating and closing off requests and maintaining records.
- To respond to breakdowns of equipment and to carry out testing, maintenance and diagnose faults and carry out timely repairs safely to all engineering, plant and building services and equipment.
- Lead meetings, including technical updates and toolbox talks and promote collective working and demonstrate a cooperative working approach in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the wider Estates Team.
- Ensure the performance of Building Services and Equipment is accurately recorded including all Maintenance inspections and repairs ensuring accurate historic are maintained in line with Legal and Business Critical Requirements.
- Identify and communicate defects and action plans through physical inspections whilst undertaking normal duties, reviewing statutory inspection reports and observing the way building facilities, plant and systems are being operated. With the aim of achieving continuous improvement and efficiency.
- To support project development and delivery across all departments.
- Provide technical advice and support to the West Hub Estates Team and Venue Estates Teams.
- Ensure a prompt response to urgent non routine repairs for all venues within the geographical hub area as required.
- As required undertake tasks outside of your core discipline and work both closely and supportively with other departments, clients and external contractors.
- To deputise for the Estates Hub Managers as required.
- To undertake activities unsupervised and deliver high standards.
- Provide knowledge and supervision monitoring the performance of external contractor’s works. Including supervision of site visits, ensuring works are carried out safely and with minimal impact on core business activities.
- Develop, review and maintain relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work in line with Health and Safety Legislation and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Negotiating and obtaining quotes for contracted maintenance and capital projects, based on approved specifications developed in conjunction with the Estates Hub Manager/Deputy Estates Manager and Estates Hub Team
- To undertake minor new works or refurbishments and to assist specialist contractors and sub-contractors in installations and refurbishments to the building fabric, plant, building systems, assets and building services.
- To ensure the use of all PPE provided when required for working activities in line with method statements and safe systems of work.
- To be the initial Estates technical point of contact for all Estates Capital Projects supporting Estates Surveys and Request for Information.
- To take responsibility for the security and good housekeeping of restricted areas, plant rooms, storage areas and workshop spaces.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture and ensure all work activities comply with ASM Global Health and Safety policies and procedures (including environment and safe systems of work policies). Including :
- Undertaking, developing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements for work in which the role involves.
- Completing incident forms for accidents or near misses or events which require reporting.
- Remaining vigilant of unforeseen hazards and risks to oneself and others.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward learning new skills and undertaking training.
- Support sustainability initiatives, environmental compliance and support measures for increased efficiency and minimalizing impact.
- To observe and comply with security policies in relation to personal behaviour and the protection of ASM global buildings and assets.
- When required to provide Fire Safety Officer Function for Events. Training will be provided.
- To undertake any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role as assigned by Estates Director, Hub Estates Manager / Deputy Estates Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- A mechanical engineering qualification to a minimum of NVQ Level 3/C&G/ONC or equivalent together with experience post qualification in a maintenance environment with extensive knowledge of Electrical and mechanical systems and Control Engineering systems. Also Ideally knowledge and experience of Mechanical, Building Maintenance, and Plumbing. Evidence of knowledge of Building Engineering Systems Association SFG20 Schedules of Maintenance.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and take responsibility for problem solving, fault finding and repairs as required.
- Able to undertake extensive travel within the West Hub Geographical Area.
- Previous Experience within the Events industry.
- Detailed Knowledge and understanding of:
- Electrical Systems – Maintenance and Testing.
- Emergency Lighting Systems.
- Building Management Systems.
- Security and Access Control Systems.
- Fire Alarm Systems.
- UPS and Invertor Systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Safe Isolation procedures.
- An awareness of Microsoft office software.
- Awareness of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Software Systems
- Able to demonstrate the necessary communicative skills required for success in the Venue and Events sector. Passionate about service delivery standards and keen to lead by example.
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends, evenings and public holidays. The role will involve physical labour tasks including manual handling.
There may be a requirement to travel to other ASM Global Venues.