Utilita Arena Newcastle is one of the most prestigious and important venues in the North East of England as the largest indoor entertainment and exhibition venue. We are currently looking for a Security Concierge / Reception team member to take on an interesting and varied role.
As part of the security function you will provide a point of contact for staff and visiting productions and provide support to the venue event staff. You will work in a customer facing role administering access control and supporting event and non-event day operations. Alongside this you will help in the secure running of the site through monitoring of technical security and safety systems.
Essential Duties and key Responsibilities
- You’ll provide safe controlled access and maintain a high standard of service and welcome to all guests, staff, colleagues and visitors.
- As part of the security team you will act as a key-holder to unlock the site and secure the site when required.
- To ensure the site is monitored proactively for all security and safety related occurrences. Reporting any findings in line with venue procedures.
- Visitor and contractor induction to site and announcing arrivals via radio and telephone to relevant departmental colleagues.
- The post holder will provide key, fob and radio control to staff and clients in line with venue procedures.
- You will proactively operate, monitor and respond to technical security and safety systems such as fire alarm monitoring, CCTV, Building Management Systems, ANPR etc.
- Log, report and escalate security and safety occurrences in line with venue policy and procedure.
- Manage the arrival and announcement of deliveries during shift hours.
- Logging of damage, cleanliness or maintenance issues where found or reported and escalating these to the relevant staff/department.
- Responding to telephone enquiries where required.
- You will also conduct routine internal safety and security walk rounds and complete checks and relevant documentation.
- Development and training provided.
- Any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role assigned by the Security and venue management.
Qualifications / Experience desirable
- Current SIA & CCTV Licence with First Aid (Training may be provided to suitable candidate)
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer care skills and presentation
- Good standard of IT literacy
- Reliable and flexible, the requirements of the business are such that a flexible working pattern is required including working evenings and weekends and bank holidays.
- Previous experience preferably in the events, leisure, entertainment or hospitality industries.
ASM Global requires all security staff to be vetted in accordance with BS7858.