Imagine what we can do together
We are committed to delivering amazing experiences to our staff, clients and customers every day. Our teams are excited, inspired and ready to go the extra mile to make every live experience memorable for our clients, partners and guests. We always aspire to look for new ways to create, innovate, and activate spaces and places to bring people together and elevate the human spirit, while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders.
Purpose of role
Driving revenue growth for ASM Global’s Newcastle venues by generating and supporting the marketing and sale of tickets, hospitality, live events, partnerships and advertising. This will include the delivery and fulfilment of commercial partnerships, marketing campaigns and promoter request management.
You will work within the department developing new leads, maximise new opportunities and generate engagement with Newcastle venues brand aswell as promoting events, public relations and media liaison.
- To work with the sales and marketing management team to inform and deliver a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy to achieve commercial growth.
- Support and drive the sale of tickets for Utilita Arena Newcastle events.
- Implement, drive and deliver the sales of hospitality, both term tenancies and daily/one-off event tenancies and other hospitality facilities achieving strategic targets.
- Create, keep up to date and drive growth of databases and market products to appropriate audiences including public, press, promotors, media, hospitality and local businesses converting to sales.
- Event marketing including promotor liaison, advice on or implement regional promotions issuing press releases, events announcements, executing marketing campaigns and organising press calls.
- Keep accurate sales and marketing reports.
- To maintain and update the venue’s website.
- To coordinate the production and design of promotional material, and ensure an adequate supply of promotional literature is available for customers and ensuring internal and external poster sites are up to date in line with event marketing strategy.
- To document marketing campaigns & activity and manage event allocation document (budget information).
- To develop creative and engaging content and oversee delivery of venue social media activities to maximise venue and event exposure.
- To develop contacts through the appropriate local communities to foster goodwill, support partnerships, suite sales, hospitality and maximise these to ensure high levels of retention and repeat business.
- To support the department partnership fulfilment.
- To support the development of and market appropriate hospitality packages and advertising opportunities.
- To maintain update and manage the TM corporate booking system along with implementation of new TM systems.
- To produce reports, analysis and recommendations.
- To hit targets and sales KPIs outlined by the Head of Sales and Marketing.
- To provide support and assist other members of the Sales and Marketing team to ensure success.
- To ensure all industry standards, legal requirements and regulations are adhered to include but not limited to required training.
- Plan, attend and work on promotional events as required.
- Attend to incoming customer enquiries (by telephone, email, and digital) promptly and delegating, where necessary to other team members.
- Ensuring that all hospitality, advertising, C&E and partnerships sales are administered.
- Utilise and input data into the Venue’s event planning and CRM systems, for the effective management of all client data and events at the venue.
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Company.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the local and regional business community and economy.
- A proven track record of working in Sales and Marketing.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to create and manage excellent customer relationships.
- Proactive and positive approach to sales, target driven.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative.
- Attention to detail and follow-up skills.
The requirements of the business are such that a degree of flexibility is necessary and some evening and weekend work may be required.
There may be occasions to work at other venues.