Manage the venues merchandising service requirements in all aspects of operations across four venues; First Direct Arena - Leeds, Utilita Arena - Newcastle, Barbican - York and Bonus Arena - Hull.
Ensure that all product merchandising, guest facing communication and spaces within the public areas of the venue reflect brand values and are used to optimum effect to maximise financial return for all relevant stakeholders. You will work in close liaison with stakeholders to ensure we support each venues requirements.
- To optimise commercial opportunities through effective use of merchandising at events.
- Work with key stakeholders to create and deliver effective merchandising initiatives and project execution.
- Implement consistent merchandising standards across the venues.
- Conduct quantitative, strategic and financial analyses of merchandising initiatives and sales performance.
- Assist with the setting of strategy and annual budgets.
- Independently build and produce accurate stock management reports for clients and other inter-departmental teams.
- Build and manage third party relationships.
- Manage all departmental staff recruitment and training by planning and coordinate appropriate staffing levels on an event by event basis.
- Ensure financial reporting deadlines are met per event and also when budgeting.
- Proactive focus in product supply and ensure the right product is in the right place at the right time.
- Keep abreast of market and customer trends including use of social media and technology assets.
- Manage all administrative duties across the department.
- Ensure compliance to all health and safety regulation and legislation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the venue General Managers.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in, and passion for, the live events merchandising industry or similar, with a proactive and energetic approach to sales and performance.
- Excellent numerical skills and keen eye for detail.
- Large volume transaction and stock handling experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point skills.
- Strong and confident communicator.
- Provable leadership qualities and thrive in a team environment.
- Able to respond to deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Positive and assertive decision maker with a can-do attitude.
- The flexibility to travel to other ASM venues across the North East and Yorkshire.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary, and
therefore, evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be a requirement for the merchandise manager will be required to work at other venues operated by ASM Global.