PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world.
P&J Live is the largest event complex in the North of Scotland, boasting world-class conference and exhibition facilities for organisers and delegates across the globe, all sustainably powered by local, renewable energy sources.
Working as an Operations Technician as part of the Operations Technical team you will play a key role in delivering a first class service to Exhibition, Conference and Entertainment organisers.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
- Setting up halls, rooms and Arena to meet business requirements.
- Assist in the construction of Temporary and Permanent seating blocks.
- Construct various Staging systems for a range of Events.
- Rigging in P&J Live Halls and suites if required; once trained and authorised to do so.
- Building of Exhibition shell scheme and/or bespoke stands on and off site when required.
- Work from Scaled drawings to set up various Events.
- Operation of forklift, access platforms, building of scaffolding; when trained and awarded “competency” certificates.
- Ensure all operations equipment is PAT tested and in safe working order.
- Routine maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Reporting defects in property and equipment when discovered.
- Cleaning as detailed.
- Adhering to Health and Safety regulations.
- Administering First Aid (if qualified).
- Responding to clients’ needs.
- Safeguarding and protecting Company property.
- Making sure the service requirements are met for all ongoing business and large scale events.
- Provide technical advice and support to other departments. To support the other roles within the venue, providing assistance when and where requested.
- As required undertake tasks outside of your core discipline and work both closely and supportively with other departments, clients and external contractors.
- To ensure the use of all PPE provided when required for working activities in line with method statements and safe systems of work.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward learning new skills and undertaking training including travelling to alternative locations to undertake training.
- Support sustainability initiatives, environmental compliance and support measures for increased efficiency and minimalizing impact.
- To observe and comply with security policies in relation to personal behaviour and the protection of ASM global buildings and assets.
- To undertake any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role as assigned by Operations Support Supervisor, Head of Operations or Event Team.
- The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks, which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POST
- Forklift Truck License (beneficial).
- IPAF License (beneficial).
- First Aid (beneficial).
- HSE Qualification (beneficial).
- Driving License (beneficial).
ASM Global requires all staff to be vetted and the following will be required:
- 5 years of employment verification.
- Proof of ID & UK right to work.
- Proof of address.
- Proof of Qualification.
- Coverage of any 31+ day employment gap.