ASM Global are world leaders in the management, delivery and execution of live events and entertainment, boasting some of the most high profile and flagship venues, theatres, stadiums and exhibition centres of their kind.
As part of our exciting and ambitious growth strategy which includes the acquisition and development of new clients and venues into the European portfolio; there is no better time to join our team!
We are looking for a New Business Director to support the Commercial department in identifying new business opportunities. This role will involve travel across the UK and Europe supporting the SVP Group Commercial Director, identifying new partnership opportunities, performing site visits, promoting ASM Global and the benefits we can offer in the management and commercialisation of venues but also determining which opportunities are viable and would complement our current venue portfolio.
- Supporting the development of an annual business development plan and providing monthly reports to the SVP Group Commercial Director, Europe.
- Identifying and defining new profitable business opportunities in arenas, stadiums and convention centres across Europe; new builds and existing venues. Specifically,
establishing new business relationships and driving a pipeline of
opportunities, in line with the Business Development Strategy.
- Supporting the compilation of bids and tenders from submissions through to presentations.
- Maintaining the company’s reputation as a brand ambassador, whilst maximising opportunities to raise the profile of ASM Global.
- Providing both strategic and operational support as required.
- Participating as part of project teams led by other executives, as required; working closely with the Strategic
Business Development Director and BD Commercial analyst.
- Involvement in account renewal discussions where appropriate.
- Keeping appraised of industry developments and best practice.
- Working as a team and developing strong colleague relationships.
- Operating within company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Any other duties as requested by the SVP Group Commercial Director, Europe.
- Proven track record of working at a senior level commercially within a venue operator, sports team, entertainment company, property development, managing agent, catering provider, architect or consultancy organisation.
- Competitive and target driven with a demonstrable record of success and achievement.
- Well versed in the process of long sales cycle business development opportunities.
- Strong communicator and relationship builder.
- Commercially astute.
- Proactive and responsive.
- Excellent co-ordination and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience of bid and tendering process would be advantageous.
- IT Literacy, including creative PowerPoint.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some overnight travel, evening and weekend work will be required.
Additionally, there will be occasions where the incumbent will be required to work on group wide programmes and also at other venues operated by ASM Global.