Reporting to: East Hub Estates Manager / Deputy Estates Manager
Location: York Barbican
Hub Geographical Area: first direct Arena Leeds, Utilita Arena Newcastle, Bonus Arena Hull, Play House Theatre Whitley Bay and York Barbican
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week (including evenings and weekends)
Imagine What We Can Do Together.
Every day we are committed to delivering amazing experiences. We are excited, inspired and ready to go the extra mile to make every live experience memorable for our clients, partners and guests. We always aspire to look for new ways to envision, innovate, and activate the spaces and places that bring people together to elevate the human spirit, while delivering the highest value for all stakeholders.
The post holder must take full ownership of their duties and tasks and use their initiative to manage their time accordingly in order to achieve the full requirements of the role.
Responsible for the highest standard of maintenance which includes Reactive, Planned Preventative and Scheduled Maintenance Services providing best possible support to the venues in the East Hub Geographical Area. The role is too focused on maintaining buildings, infrastructure and equipment in compliance with statutory standards, approved codes of practice and Building Engineering Systems Association SFG Schedules of Maintenance.
The Post Holder shall take ownership of the operation, maintenance and service of all building services, infrastructure and equipment in order to plan work/services to maximise reliability and availability thereby maintaining environmental conditions and standards of service.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
Skills and Qualifications:
- To carry out, coordinate and plan, working with the Hub Estates Manager, Deputy Estate Manager and Estates Hub Teams to deliver high quality service.
- To ensure statutory compliance, acceptable functional performance as a minimum and, a service which is customer focused and supports the Estates Service.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and communications with staff, visitors and clients at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability and contribute toward building strong working relationships and effective communication within the all venue departments, with clients, Venues Multi Skilled Engineering Staff and with external contractors.
- The post holder shall ensure they gain understanding of the scope of planned, reactive and new works and processes of procurement and scheduling. Making assessments and estimates towards works and projects, labour requirements, costs, parts and equipment requirements.
- Develop PPM schemes for all Plant, Equipment and Building Assets working with ASM Estates Director and FM Hub Estates managers.
- Be the Lead Mechanical Engineer with regards to Planned Maintenance and Specialist Repairs within the geographical hub area.
- To respond to breakdowns of equipment and to carry out testing, maintenance and diagnose faults and carry out timely repairs safely to all engineering, plant and building services and equipment.
- Attend and on occasion lead meetings, including technical updates and toolbox talks and promote collective working and demonstrate a cooperative working approach in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the wider Estates Team.
- To understand the workings of mechanical engineering services, systems and plant within the Hub Geographical Area. Ensuring that they are maintained to a high standard and are utilised safely and efficiently.
- To support the development and utilise use of a CAFM system as directed to track and coordinate all maintenance activities, both planned and reactive. Receiving, updating and closing off requests and maintaining records.
- Ensure the performance of Building Services and Equipment is accurately recorded including all Maintenance inspections and repairs ensuring accurate historic are maintained in line with Legal and Business Critical Requirements.
- Identify and communicate defects and action plans through physical inspections whilst undertaking normal duties, reviewing statutory inspection reports and observing the way building facilities, plant and systems are being operated. With the aim of achieving continuous improvement and efficiency.
- To support project development and delivery across all departments.
- Provide technical advice and support to the East Hub Estates Team and Venue Estates Teams.
- Ensure a prompt response to urgent non routine repairs for all venues within the geographical hub area as required.
- As required undertake tasks outside of your core discipline and work both closely and supportively with other departments, clients and external contractors.
- To undertake activities unsupervised and deliver high standards.
- Provide knowledge and supervision monitoring the performance of external contractor’s works. Including supervision of site visits, ensuring works are carried out safely and with minimal impact on core business activities.
- Develop, review and maintain relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work in line with Health and Safety Legislation and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Negotiating and obtaining quotes for contracted maintenance and capital projects, based on approved specifications developed in conjunction with the Estates Hub Manager/Deputy Estates Manager and Estates Hub Team.
- To undertake minor new works or refurbishments and to assist specialist contractors and sub-contractors in installations and refurbishments to the building fabric, plant, building systems, assets and building services.
- To ensure the use of all PPE provided when required for working activities in line with method statements and safe systems of work.
- To assess the requirements for and maintain stock levels and replenishment of critical spare parts and components.
- To take responsibility for the security and good housekeeping of restricted areas, plant rooms, storage areas and workshop spaces.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture and ensure all work activities comply with ASM Global Health and Safety policies and procedures (including environment and safe systems of work policies). Including :
- Undertaking, developing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements for work in which the role involves.
- Completing incident forms for accidents or near misses or events which require reporting.
- Remaining vigilant of unforeseen hazards and risks to oneself and others.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward learning new skills and undertaking training.
- Support sustainability initiatives, environmental compliance and support measures for increased efficiency and minimalizing impact.
- To observe and comply with security policies in relation to personal behaviour and the protection of ASM global buildings and assets.
- To undertake any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role as assigned by Estates Director, Hub Estates Manager / Deputy Estates Manager
- A mechanical engineering qualification to a minimum of NVQ Level 3/C&G/ONC or equivalent together with experience post qualification in a maintenance environment with extensive knowledge of Mechanical, Building Maintenance, and Plumbing. Also Ideally knowledge and experience of Electrical systems and Control Engineering systems.
- Evidence of knowledge of Building Engineering Systems Association SFG20 Schedules of Maintenance.
- Previous Experience within the Events industry.
- Detailed Knowledge and understanding of:
- Water Safety and L8 Approved Codes of Practices.
- Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems.
- Fire Water Sprinkler Systems.
knowledge of Safe Isolation procedures.
- An awareness of Microsoft office
- Awareness of Computer Aided
Facilities Management (CAFM) Software Systems
- Able to demonstrate the
necessary communicative skills required for success in the Venue and
Events sector. Passionate about service delivery standards and keen to
lead by example.
self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and take
responsibility for problem solving, fault finding and repairs as required.
to undertake extensive travel with the East Hub Geographical Area.
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends, evenings and public holidays. The role will involve physical labour tasks including manual handling.
There may be a requirement to travel to other ASM Global Venues.