To manage the venue’s merchandising service requirements in all aspects of operation and to ensure that all product merchandising, guest facing communication and spaces within the public areas of the venue reflect brand values and are used to optimum effect to maximise financial return for all relevant stakeholders.
You will liaise, support and facilitate stakeholder and venue requirements providing quality communication and event planning in conjunction with touring artist/company requirements.
- To optimise commercial opportunities through effective use of merchandising at events.
- Work with key stakeholders to create and deliver effective merchandising initiatives and project execution.
- Implement consistent merchandising standards across the venue.
- Conduct quantitative, strategic and financial analyses of merchandising initiatives and sales performance.
- Assist with the setting of strategy and annual budgets.
- Control all stock inventory and activity and produce accurate sales management reports for clients and internal finance team.
- Build and manage third party relationships.
- Manage departmental recruitment and training, and maintain an efficient and engaged casual pool of staff, leading by example and encouraging a proactive and positive sales team.
- Ensure financial reporting deadlines are met per event and also when budgeting.
- Focus in product supply and ensuring the right product is in the right place at the right time.
- Keep abreast of market and customer trends including use of social media and technology assets.
- Manage all administrative duties across the department.
- Ensure compliance to all health and safety regulation and legislation.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Proven track record of working in a live events/entertainment merchandise role based within a high volume, customer-focused venue.
- Passion for the live events merchandising industry, with a proactive and energetic approach to sales and performance.
- Knowledge and understanding of touring procedure and etiquette in relation to merchandising.
- Excellent numerical skills and keen eye for detail, often in a time sensitive setting.
- Large volume stock handling experience.
- Experienced in driving customer service excellence.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point skills.
- Strong and confident communicator.
- Provable leadership qualities and thrives in a team environment.
- Able to respond to deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Positive and assertive decision maker with a mature can-do attitude.
- The flexibility to travel to other ASM venues across the North West ,work long and unusual hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays .
- Ability to work remotely collaborating with other venues and colleagues.