As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world. Delivering great experiences is dependent on creating a safe and secure environment for our customers and employees. That’s why security is at the forefront of every event and every venue, from Stockholm to Aberdeen.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a HR Coordinator to join our busy Human Resources team based in Garforth, Leeds.
The successful candidate will ideally have some previous experience in a HR and Recruitment administration role and working in a fast paced environment. However we also welcome applications from confident and ambitious individuals who have a passion for people and are looking to start their career in HR.
If you have excellent written and verbal communication and IT skills, and a confident communicator with great organisational skills, we’d like to hear from you. We’re looking for someone who will relish a challenge and the opportunity to add value to the HR Business & Recruitment function, along with having a can do attitude, a friendly, professional manner and the ability to develop strong working relationships.
The purpose of this role is to provide a professional and confidential, HR administrative support to the company. The role holder will act as the first point of contact in relation to recruitment, training and contractual queries. The role will also support the wider HR team with specific HR project work and employee relations matters as required.
- Work with recruiting managers to consider and identify the most appropriate forum for advertising vacancies
- Assist managers with the full recruitment processes/best practice, including managing applications, coordinating selection process, conducting interviews and assisting with the on boarding process
- Support the logistical arrangements and diary management for assessment days and interviews
- Ensure that all pre-employment checks are carried out thoroughly and records are kept appropriately
- Produce employment offer letters, contracts, and starter packs
- Input and update the HR system and recruitment process records
- Liaise with colleagues to coordinate attendance at training courses/programmes
- Track probation review and annual performance review deadlines, and liaise with managers to ensure timely completion and documentation
- Provide administrative support to the payroll function including accurate data input
- Ensure all leavers and changes to staff contracts are processed in line with the relevant HR checklists
- Take notes at meetings (HR meetings and employee relation meetings) as and when required and ensure they are completed and circulated in a timely manner
- Provide HR administration support to managers on all HR issues, ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures, employment legislation and best practice
- Encourage team working and effective communication with colleagues
- Act as a representative of the company and engage with our customers, stakeholders and the public in a professional manner at all times
Skills and competencies required:
- Experience of working within a fast paced and multi-faceted organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to adapt approach, depending on situation and circumstances
- Ability to prioritise and complete projects within deadlines
- Self-starter with excellent organisation skills
- Intermediate IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Full driving licence
The requirements of the business are such that it is necessary to have a flexible approach and therefore some business related travel to be able to work at our venues and operational sites will be required.