As HR Business Partner, you will provide a proactive, credible partnering approach across the organisation. You will act as a trusted advisor to the leadership team and use your HR insight to deliver solutions. You will play a leading role in delivering transformational business change from a people perspective, working in partnership with GMs and business leaders. You will also be a key stakeholder in the delivery of HR led programmes as well as initiatives throughout the year such as equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing. Your expertise will help us grow as an employer and help you grow as a HR professional.
- Direct and support the HR partnering team of advisors and coordinators through effective leadership, mentoring, coaching and support.
- Partner with business leaders to fully understand the breadth and complexity of our organisation to enable the HR team to effectively and efficiently support and improve the business in all people related matters.
- Support and lead on complex ER related matters that may arise.
- Accountable for the overall resourcing strategy and effective operation of the recruitment processes for permanent and casual colleagues to include role design, advertising, shortlisting, assessments, on-boarding and induction.
- Enable the effective performance management of the team through appropriate training, calibration and coaching of people managers to drive a high performance culture.
- Lead on initiatives to drive a culture of continuous improvement in areas such as colleague engagement, absence management and attrition.
- Support the UK HR Director in the implementation of global, European and national HR driven initiatives such as new systems, policies and procedures.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues to understand business challenges, look for learnings that can be shared across the team and escalate as appropriate business challenges where HR could implement new or adapt existing policies, practices or procedures for the enhancement of our delivery for the benefit of our colleagues, customers and clients.
- Accountable for ensuring that cyclical HR processes are delivered in time and to a high standard – including maintenance of all aspects of recruitment contracts and records, performance management reviews, pay reviews, annual leave, etc.
- Support the UK HR Director in the implementation of talent succession planning and development across the team.
- Support the continued development of the HR team through effective proactive communication to ensure that we remain joined up and consistent in our HR support to the organisation.
- Active operational involvement on major events in supportive role.
- Reasonable other duties that may arise to support the agility and growth of our organisation and people agenda.
Skills and competencies required:
- At least seven years’ experience in Generalist HR, with at least two years’ in a partnering capacity.
- People management experience, either directly or indirectly through project related activity.
- Experience in TUPE would be advantageous.
- Current and comprehensive knowledge of HR best practice and employment law.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting a multi-site environment.
- Experience of cultural development and team building would be valued.
- Proven ability to plan and manage work programmes, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and HR systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of payroll processing would be advantageous.
The requirements of the business are such that it is necessary to have a flexible approach and therefore some business related travel to be able to work at our venues and operational sites will be required.
The business operates an agile working policy whereby you would be expected to work in the business at least three days a week and have the option to work no more than two days a week from home.