To maximise the Playhouse’s planned sales growth by researching, developing and optimising the successful conclusion of hospitality and VIP package enquires, particularly in the local business community. To effectively handle incoming enquiries, bringing these to a successful conclusion as well as pro-actively initiating new business leads.
To maximise Group Bookings for the Playhouse Event Programme and to assist the Playhouse Marketing Executive when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely and in partnership with the Theatre Director, Marketing Executive and Box Office Supervisor.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new clients and ambassadors to bring new business to the Playhouse.
- Account manage sponsorship partners and hospitality package clients.
- Work closely with the Events Department and Food and Beverage Department to ensure the smooth service, delivery and development of the VIP and hospitality areas.
- Assist with the organisation and running of familiarisation trips of the Playhouse, inviting potential clients to view the facilities providing them with a better insight in to what the playhouse can offer.
- Attend to incoming customer enquiries (by telephone, email, and digital) promptly and effectively.
- Produce fully costed proposals for future hospitality package business, progressing to client meeting/site visit and eventually contractual stage. Monitor the progress of sales enquiries and chase contracts to conclusion, ensuring that sales procedures are adhered to.
- Input and utilise data into the Playhouse event planning and CRM systems, for the effective management of client data and events at the Arena.
- To develop contracted business over a 12 month period in line with the agreed overall sales team budget and target.
- To work as Duty Manager for events as and when required.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- A proven track record of working in a customer facing role, preferably involving hospitality and customer service.
- Experience of working in a high volume, busy events and venue setting.
- A good track record of sales, negotiation and achieving targets.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong communications skills.
- Good IT and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the local and regional business community and economy.
- Knowledge and understanding of popular culture including music, comedy, sport and entertainment.