ASM Global formed in 2019 through the merger of SMG and AEG Facilities to create the world’s largest facility operating, management and development company. It has a network of over 350 venues across all 5 continents, with its portfolio consisting of conference and exhibition centres, stadiums, arenas, theatres, amphitheatres and recreational centres.
Within this network we operate more than 100 Conference & Event venues across the globe. Our UK Venue portfolio includes P&J Live; Aberdeen, Wembley Arena; London, First Direct Arena; Leeds, Bridgwater Hall; Manchester, Bonus Arena; Hull, Barbican Centre; York and Utilita Arena; Newcastle.
This role will work across these locations and will include our new £260 million development, NewcastleGatesHeadQuays which opens in May 2024 as well as further portfolio additions including Becketwell Arena; Derby and Wolverhampton Civic Halls.
- To secure national & international Association events across the ASM Global UK Venue Portfolio
- Identify and build relations with prospective Associations and PCO’s
- Support UK Sales Director with the delivery of Sales Plan
- Manage sales pipeline and report activity to UK Sales Director
- Travel extensively across the UK Venue Portfolio to build strong relationships with other members of the Conference & Events teams
- Visit clients across the UK, and further afield, to build robust face to face relationships
- Monitor industry trends and recommend suitable courses of action when required
- Support on ASM Global’s C&E PR & Marketing strategies within the Association Sector
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Proactive, optimistic and tenacious approach to sales
- A gregarious networker with strong connections in the Association & PCO Sector
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Creative in devising pitches to secure long term business commitments
- Strategic with an eye on the short, medium and long term business
- Good grasp on financials, particularly P&L and Margins
- Highly agile, able to work remotely and whilst travelling
- Detailed understanding of the conference and association and events sector
- Proven experience in sales, proposal writing and delivering high level presentations
- A proven track record of achieving targets and developing business
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the role will be require extended periods of work at different venues operated by ASM GLOBAL.