To ensure the smooth running of the Playhouse Food & Beverage department, ensuring service standards are maintained and the facility is operated at its best and in accordance with budget limits.
- Deliver good quality food and beverage products and service and develop the F&B offer to enhance the customer experience.
- To ensure the F&B operation achieves financial targets.
- To be responsible for till programming.
- To supervise the F&B team at events and oversee all activities including sales, cashing up, stock control and management and cleaning.
- To arrange/rota staff for events in an accurate, safe and cost-efficient way and in accordance with business requirements.
- To optimise all F&B revenue streams and to seek new and alternative ideas to bring additional revenue growth such as meal deals and theatre boxes.
- To report financial information and stock figures to Finance on a regular basis.
- To manage and rotate stock effectively ensuring minimal waste and perform month end stock takes.
- Ensure adherence to company policy on cash handling and all associated procedures.
- To ensure compliance with all food hygiene legislation and that staff at all times comply with Health & Safety regulations; to pursue any training requirements needed for specialist areas.
- To liaise with all departments to assist with the smooth running of events, ensuring at all times that the high standards expected at the venue are maintained.
- To assist with the recruitment, training and development of the bar and catering team.
- Liaise with external contractors to deliver catering for events as required.
- Oversee and perform food preparation for small events, and food for shows.
- You may be required to act as relief duty manager from time to time if you are available to cover this.
Skills and competencies required
- A proven record of working in the Food & Beverage sector including Bars, Conferencing / exhibitions and/or Retail.
- Personal Licence Holder.
- Experience of delivering conferencing and events.
- Literacy and numeracy skills to accurately produce financial information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to make key decisions, prioritise workloads and delegate tasks.
- The position involves an element of manual handling.
- Hands on approach and be part of the service delivery.
- Have a thorough understanding of food hygiene and health & safety regulations.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore evening and weekend work will be required.