To act as Business partner to the venue GM and management team providing quality MI and supporting the team with commercial finance and analytical input and advice. To work with the central transactional finance team to produce management accounts from journal stage to monthly packs and detailed forecasting and budgeting.
- Provide high quality MI and detailed commercial financial analysis of the operations to support decision making.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes and systems, with the objective of improving controls and efficiencies.
- Attend and actively contribute to venue weekly SMT meetings led by venue General Manger.
- Hold monthly meetings with Department Heads to discuss financial results and forecasts.
- Prepare annual departmental budgets and challenge department heads to achieve targets.
- Prepare monthly reforecasts and prepare monthly forecast pack.
- Prepare monthly packs for monthly Business Review and attend meeting.
- Prepare month end journals and process in Finance System.
- Act as point of contact for audit of venue and prepare all audit files.
- Provide commercial insight into working capital management through a stronger control framework or improvement in processes.
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare event settlement analysis and event flash reports.
- Attend events to carry out settlement meetings with Promoter.
- Ad hoc project work as directed by UK Finance Director and GM.
Skills and competencies required
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA, including relevant post qualification experience.
- Have the gravitas to act as the face of Finance as a ‘stand -alone’ Finance representative.
- Track record of implementation of processes and change management experience.
- Good knowledge of processes, systems and control frameworks.
- Advanced Excel skills including formulas and ideally macros.
- Experience of working in live entertainment, or an interest in music/entertainment
- Have excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Be resilient and able to work well under pressure and work reactively and proactively
- Have excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
The requirements of the business are such that a degree of flexibility is necessary and some evening and weekend work may be required.