Event Driven Chefs – Bonus Arena, Hull
Rates of pay are variable on an hourly basis dependent on skills and expertise
As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world.
Bonus Arena is one of the busiest venues in the region. Attracting thousands of visitors each year, the 3,500 capacity Arena has hosted the biggest names in live entertainment, conference and banqueting, award ceremonies and exhibitions.
Working at the Bonus Arena is an exciting and fun opportunity for all, with the added bonus of flexible shifts to fit around the other important things in life. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our food and beverage team working on a casual event driven basis. As a member of our food and beverage team you will support the Head Chef/Lead Chef in the overall management of the kitchen brigade, with a specific emphasis on food production and food safety.
You must have a proven track record of working in a similar role, be reliable, have excellent communication skills, can work calmly under pressure and possess knowledge of contemporary menu design and culinary skills.
Main areas of responsibility
1. Under the direction of the Head Chef/ Lead Chef, to lead food production in all areas.
2. Checking stock levels on a daily basis and notify/ place orders accordingly.
3. To assist the Head Chef Lead Chef in menu design and planning when required.
4. Motivate and develop staff giving on the job training in line with menu specifications.
5. Organise /supervise duties for kitchen porters.
6. Be aware of the current Food Hygiene and Health & Safety regulations and ensure both are implemented in all areas.
7. Any other duties assigned by the Head Chef