The main responsibilities and reason for this position is to help deliver all services in connection with energy and carbon management to ensure that ASM Global is fully compliant with the current legislative requirements and that all engineering services infrastructure are optimised to operate effectively and efficiently.
The Post holder will be required to demonstrate a wide range of knowledge and experience to deliver the following requirements of the job role:
- A key member of the Estates Team, contributing to the strategic and general management of Estates Department ensuring that strategies and policies are strictly adhered to.
- Generating Energy Audit reports based off information from Energy Suppliers / Consultants consumption databases, billing data and Utility Meterage and Building Management Systems.
- Completing all statutory energy data such as SECR and ESOS Stage Three.
- Develop and implement programmes to reduce energy consumption and cost working closely with the Greener Arena Audit Team.
- Automate and improve report generation process.
- Conduct site visits and perform in-field audit across the ASM Global European Estate.
- Providing strong leadership and robust performance management for all staff within scope of responsibility and manage appropriately a range of complex information systems.
- Setting high customer care standards for all work activity across the ASM Global European Estate.
- To participate in the Operational Estates Manager rota for AO Arena events as required.
- To participate in the Estates Emergency out of hour’s on-call rota service provision.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Benchmarking energy consumption against best practice guidelines.
- Carrying out site inspections and completing energy surveys.
- Collecting energy monitoring data and keeping accurate records.
- Creating energy policies and systems.
- Dealing with energy contract negotiations.
- Developing and overseeing strategies to reduce energy consumption which includes developing opportunities for demand side reduction.
- Keeping up to date with energy legislation such as EUTS, ESOS and SECR etc.
- Overseeing carbon management and working with external Carbon Reduction accreditation organisations.
- Raising the profile of energy conservation and Carbon Reduction across the ASM Global European Estate profile.
- Sharing advice and providing training on energy efficiency to both Venue and Estates Staff.
- To act as Authorised Person / Responsible Person for Critical Engineering Services such as Low Voltage Systems Legionella, Gas Services and Refrigeration Systems as defined by statutory obligations / approved codes of practice and making the ASM Global of any risk associated.
- To provide leadership, guidance, and development to the entire Estates Team.
- Act as authorised signatory and to assist the Finance, Venue and Estates staff in budget setting.
- To deputise for the Estates Director as required.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Buildings Services Engineering or equivalent.
- Evidence of continuous professional development in the field of engineering and sustainability.
- Ability to work with Energy Performance, Carbon Reduction, CAFM and Building Management Systems and Software.
- A thorough knowledge of current energy and carbon management legislation.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and future environmental legislation
- Budget holding experience, including P&L accounts.
- Familiarity with good practice procurement process including developing Tender Specifications and Contract Documentation.
- In depth knowledge of statutory regulations and approved codes of practice associated with Building Maintenance and Engineering Infrastructure Services
- Extensive technical knowledge of Mech/Elec plant & equipment.
- Experience of delivering services within budgetary limits.
- Ability to analysis and interpret complex information.
- Experience of managing, auditing and reviewing complex energy and engineering information.
- Successfully leading change management across a large and complex staff group.
- Experience of managing, auditing and reviewing large and complex Energy and Utility contracts.
- Effective leadership and
- Confident and participative team
leader and player.
- Effective communicator particularly
at senior manager levels.
- Ability to think and manage
strategically and operationally.
- Self-motivated with a high level of
focus, drive and energy.
- Maintains high standards of
professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Achieve High productivity.
- Ability to work under pressure and
constantly achieve within tight timescales.
- Ability to demonstrate/balance
understanding of corporate as well as individual goals.