Utilita Arena Newcastle is one of the most prestigious and important venues in the North East of England as the largest indoor entertainment and exhibition venue, on the iconic Newcastle River Tyne, with an 11000-capacity auditorium, 600 surface car park in the city centre of Newcastle, entertaining 500,000 visitors per year.
The role is focused on maintaining and developing the facilities and installed systems, along with delivering event and building services in preparation, during and after event occupancy. This role requires an electrically trained candidate with relevant qualifications.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
- To carry out, coordinate and plan, working with the Head of Operations, Senior Multi-skilled engineer and estates Hub to deliver high quality service.
- Support the operations department with achieving statutory compliance, acceptable functional performance as a minimum and, a service which is customer focused and supports frontline event delivery.
- To understand the workings of engineering services, systems and plant within the Venue.
- Ensuring that they are maintained to a high standard and are utilised safely and efficiently.
- Provide technical support during events, load in and load outs both internally and externally and acting as event engineer including the installation of temporary power, operation of the building’s sound and lighting systems and event time reactive maintenance. Demonstrating competency and knowledge of BS7671 and BS7909.
- Maintain accurate records in line with Legal and Business Critical Requirements.
- To support the development and utilise use of a CAFM system as directed to track and coordinate all maintenance activities, both planned and reactive. Receiving, updating and closing off requests and maintaining records.
- Ensure a prompt response to alarms generated by the Building Systems.
- During emergencies and urgent situations undertake tasks outside of your core discipline and work both closely and supportively with other departments, clients and external contractors.
- To undertake activities unsupervised and deliver high standards.
- Develop, review and maintain relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work in line with Health and Safety Legislation and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Negotiating and obtaining quotes for contracted maintenance and capital projects, based on approved specifications developed in conjunction with the Senior Multi-Skilled engineer, Head of Operations and ASM GLOBAL’s FM HUB.
- To respond to breakdowns of equipment and to carry out testing, maintenance and diagnose faults and carry out timely repairs safely to all engineering, plant and building services and equipment.
- To undertake minor new works or refurbishments and to assist specialist contractors and sub-contractors in installations and refurbishments to the building fabric, plant, building systems, assets and building services.
- Support sustainability initiatives, environmental compliance and support measures for increased efficiency and minimalizing impact.
- To observe and comply with security policies in relation to personal behaviour and the protection of ASM global buildings and assets.
- To undertake any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role as assigned by Senior Multi-skilled engineer, Duty Manager, Head of Operations, and General Manager.
- An electrical / engineering qualification to a minimum of NVQ Level 3/C&G/ONC or equivalent together with experience post qualification in a maintenance environment. Ideally knowledge of Electrical systems, Control
Skills and Qualifications:
- Engineering systems and experience of Mechanical, Building Maintenance, and Plumbing.
- Evidence of knowledge of BS7671 and BS7909 in relation to electrical systems.
- Previous Experience within the Events industry is Desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Safe Isolation procedures.
- An awareness of Microsoft office software.
- Awareness of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Software Systems
- Able to demonstrate the necessary communicative skills required for success in the Venue and Events sector.
- Passionate about service delivery standards and keen to lead by example.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and take responsibility for problem solving, fault finding and repairs as required.
- Recent Counter balance Fork Lift Truck training and IPAF are desirable.