The Bridgewater Hall is one of the most prestigious and important symphony halls in the United Kingdom, with a significant international reputation specialising in the presentation of the world’s most important classical music artists and ensembles. Additionally the venue has a diverse programme which includes performances by a range of international rock, pop and world artists, as well as the presentation of conferences and educational institutions for graduations and associated performances. Annually the venue hosts over 300 performances and events within the main auditorium and over 150 smaller events within the foyer spaces.
ASM Global (Europe) as manager of the Hall is seeking the skills of a highly motivated and experienced individual to take on the role of Conference and Events Sales Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for the generation of income via the sale of Conference and Events and to meet financial targets; focusing on the maximising of use of the venue’s facilities and services whilst taking into consideration all restrictions and boundaries placed on the venue.
The role requires the supervision and leadership of the Conference and Events team to support all aspects associated with related business at The Bridgewater Hall and to attend and oversee the on-site operational supervision of all conference and event related business. The position works in close cooperation with the Venue Scheduling Department as controller of the overall venue diary. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies within The Bridgewater Hall and through a coordinated approach with the national Sales Director, work to incorporate Conference and Event opportunities as they may relate to the wider ASM Global business and venues.
Essential Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- A proven track record of sales within the Events Industry.
- Experience of managing a team including line management duties such as recruitment, development and appraisals.
- A strong background in the supervision, administration and organisation of conference and events.
- Experience of proactively seeking out new business opportunities, and/or developing client relationships.
- Proven negotiation and sales experience.
- Experience of implementing effective marketing strategies.
- The ability to project manage a number of activities at the same time.
- An understanding of the Health and Safety issues related to event management.
- Knowledge of menu planning and food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge in the use of a variety of different types of audio visual equipment.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Examples of self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of building and sustaining good internal working relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professional deportment and presentation.
- Excellent written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The following attributes would be advantageous but not mandatory;
- Previous experience of working in a concert/entertainment venue.
- Knowledge of Event Booking, the central diary system used by the venue.
The requirements of the business are such that on occasions weekend, evening and night working will be required. (Mandatory)