This post is responsible for the smooth running of the Food and Beverage Department’s delivery of conference events and banqueting, ensuring service standards are maintained and control systems are adhered to. Ensuring the facility is operated efficiently and in line with budgets and that the highest standards of customer service are achieved.Key accountabilities:
- Assist the Head of F&B in all operational requirements of the F&B Operations in line with KPIs and budget.
- Provide cover in the absence of the Head of F&B.
- To assist the Head of F&B in actively promoting sales growth, through innovation, F&B offering and other relevant means.
- Actively recruit, induct and train F&B casual workforce.
- Ensure all available resources are used to their optimum, ensuring a well maintained and profitable operation.
- Oversee the Hospitality and C&E areas, ensuring tasks are assigned and implemented in accordance with SOPs, policies and legal requirements for all events and that stock rotation, cleaning procedures and suitable stock levels are in place.
- Work alongside the Sales and Hospitality department and relevant external contractors to co-ordinate activities for clients.
- Liaise with the Head of F&B and the Bars Manager to ensure stock levels are maintained in line with the events calendar and raise purchase orders when required.
- Ensure all event invoicing and billing is carried out accurately and promptly.
- Report hospitality wage forecasting and payroll to Head of F&B.
- Work with the wider ASM Global F&B teams to ensure an excellent process for casual staff recruitment retention and training.
- Work in partnership with all other arena departments to ensure best resources and services are available and deployed.
- Ensure compliance to health and safety and food hygiene regulations and ensure all relevant legislation is adhered to.
- Assist with all administrative duties across the F&B department.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of F&B and/or the General Manager.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Professional catering qualifications and training within the industry.
- Minimum of three years working in a senior role in a similar, high volume, customer focused venue.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting, stock and margin control.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of financial implications and margin control.
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge and understanding of current health and safety regulations.
- A desire to develop their career.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a similar environment ideally within the entertainment/leisure industry.
- Managed food service & delivery for dinners of up to 600 guests.
- Have previous team leader, supervisory or management experience.
- Experience of organizing hospitality, functions and events.
- Have a thorough understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations and hold basic food hygiene certificate.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Experience of providing excellent customer care.
- Experience of budget/cost management.
- Experience of working with staff at all levels throughout a company.
- Proven IT experience including Microsoft suite and EPOS systems.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where there will be a requirement to work at other venues operated by ASM Global.