We are currently recruiting a Control Room Officer to be based within our Utilita Arena Newcastle site, where you will play a crucial part in creating a safe and secure environment for all of our customers, visitors and staff members.
Overview of the role:
This role is diverse, fast-paced and plays a key part in the smooth operation of our venue. As mentioned below, there will be an element of responsibility which will lie within this role therefore the right candidate must be reliable and trustworthy.
The role is exciting and very varied - you will be responsible for everything from proactively operating, monitoring and responding to CCTV, through to acting as a key-holder to unlock and secure the site.
Key duties include (but are not limited to):
What do we require from you?
- Visitor announcement and completion of inductions to contractors visiting the site.
- Provide key, fob and radio control to staff and clients according to standard operating procedures.
- ANPR carpark permit administration for Visitor vehicle registrations.
- To provide radio control and respond calmly and coherently under pressure.
- Follow event day Duty Manager’s procedural requirements and support where applicable.
- Work in line with ASM Terrorism Threat Response Plan and reporting process.
- To ensure the site is undamaged and monitored proactively for all security and safety related occurrences. Reporting any findings in line with standard operating procedure.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- You will be based within our security office which is the main point of contact for all visitors, employees, acts and crew therefore a high level of customer service and a friendly persona is a must
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and the confidence/ability to deal with difficult situations including those involving managing conflict.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software and radio communications devices.
- Experience operating fire alarm systems.
- Well organised and professional.
- Current SIA Frontline Guarding or Door Supervisors Licence (Essential)
- First Aid at Work Qualification (Essential)
- Current SIA CCTV Licence (or willingness to work towards this qualification)
- FREC 3 or FPOS First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Previous counter terrorism training such as ACT awareness (Desirable)
ASM Global requires all security staff to be vetted in accordance with BS7858
What’s in it for you?
- Meet new people and working as part of a diverse team
- Career progression opportunities available
- Full comprehensive induction and training to ensure you are fully confident with your new role
Sounds good? Apply now! We’re looking forward to receiving your application soon.
The important stuff!
Working Hours: 24 hours per week (annualised working between 08:00 – 18:00)