ASM Global are world leaders in the management, delivery and execution of live events and entertainment, boasting some of the most high profile and flagship venues, theatres, stadiums and exhibition centres of their kind.
As part of our exciting and ambitious growth strategy which includes the acquisition and development of new clients and venues into the European portfolio; there is no better time to join our team!
We are looking for a Business Development/Commercial Analyst to support the Commercial team in providing financial modelling, market intelligence and commercial reports to support the evaluation of new business opportunities, including investment opportunities, competitive tender bids and proposals for business development initiatives.
- Provide financial analysis and support for new business activities, including working with colleagues to develop recommendations for venues/clients wishing to refurbish, redevelop or build new facilities.
- Development of financial models to support senior leaders in their decision making process.
- Financial analysis to evaluate potential deals and understand bottom-line contribution.
- Develop financial projections for RFP responses and contract renewals by building operational P&L projections, pre-opening budgets, deal terms, and other required analysis.
- Lead on KPI/benchmarking analysis to help inform new opportunities and RFP responses.
- Evaluate potential opportunities against key internal investment KPIs and metrics.
- Conduct research on clients and new developments to aid financial modelling activities and assess the suitability of new business development opportunities, including analysis of local market characteristics, economic trends, and demographic information.
- Produce competitor analysis and work to keep these updated.
- Produce well-organised and comprehensive presentations/reports that can be presented with ease to potential clients as part of relationship development and tender processes.
- Drive finance related process improvements and provide input in improving efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of forecasting and reporting.
- Pro-actively support Sales, Marketing and Operations by undertaking regular reviews and identifying risks.
- Qualified accountant.
- Proven track record of working in a commercial finance role.
- Solid experience of financial modelling and forecasting.
- Proficient in time management and prioritisation of activities to meet time pressured deadlines across multiple projects.
- Solid grounding in producing client ready financial reports.
- Analytical with a keen eye for detail.
- Great team player who thrives in collaborating to produce outstanding results.
- Strong presentation skills able to communicate confidently to senior stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required.
Additionally, there will be occasions where the incumbent will be required to work on group wide programmes and also at other venues operated by ASM Global.