As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world. The Bridgewater Hall is one of Manchester’s most prestigious cultural venues. Every year we host over 300 performances of classical music, rock, pop and other music-related and spoken word events, in addition to a diverse learning programme. The building also provides a stunning location for conferences, meetings and other events.
To assist the Head Chef to ensure that all customers receive a first class food experience. To assist in ensuring all kitchen budgetary requirements as set by the company are met. To adhere to all regulatory Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation and promote best practice.
- Assist the head chef to ensure food production is of the highest standard.
- Produce food for Restaurants, C&E.
- Assisting the Management in optimising all revenue streams to maintain sales growth.
- Ensuring compliance with all food hygiene and health and safety legislation and best practice.
- To liaise with the Sales and Hospitality team to plan and deliver customer requirements.
- Assist the Head chef and ensure that all areas are set up for forthcoming events.
- Actively assist in the management of kitchen areas, ensuring stock rotation, cleaning and suitable levels/ranges of stock are in place.
- To ensure all available resources are used to their optimum to ensure a smoothly run and profitable operation.
- To ensure cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- To work in partnership with all other F&B departments to ensure best available resources are available.
- To work closely with the Food & Beverage Management team to deliver food to our customer requirements.
- To undertake any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably requested.
Essential Skills & Competencies
- Professional catering qualifications and training within the industry preferably with previous experience within a similar environment.
- A proven track record and strong development through your career will express drive, success and passion for the position.
- A good ability to learn and a drive to progress your career.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of food.
- Be aware of current industry trends.
- Polished customer service.
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take the initiative.
- The ability to operate unsupervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good organisational skills.
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends and evenings and public holidays.