To assist in the smooth running of the Food and Beverage Department, supporting the Executive/ Head chef and ensuring the facility operates efficiently in line with budgets and delivering the highest standards of customer service. To support in delivering special events and ensuring all ASM Global procedures and systems are being adhered to in all kitchens.
- To run and supervise any kitchen section to the required standards set by the Head Chef.
- To ensure all preparation of the designated section is complete and ready for each service.
- Ensure good stock and waste control is practiced.
- Be responsible for the quality control of stock and prepared foods.
- Execute cooking to the expected high standard quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure the cleanliness and organisation of designated section.
- Support head (sous) chef in delivering required standard of food.
- Appropriately delegate jobs to junior chefs and apprentices and support them in their development.
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times and seek to improve and advance your skill set and performance.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations, the Staff Code of Conduct and company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head chef and management.
- Seek to ensure that all guests enjoy the best experience possible.
- Ensure that all ASM Global food safety, health and safety and COSHH standards are exceeded and all paperwork filled out accurately to a good standard.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Professional Cookery Level 2 qualification or equivalent.
- Passion for great food and excellent service delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate good culinary skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative but within a framework.
- Keen interest in current/ new culinary trends.
- The ability to constantly perform well in high-pressure and fast paced environment.
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure the smooth running of kitchen.
- In depth knowledge of all the sections in a kitchen.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement to work weekends and evenings and public holidays.
There may be requirement to work at other ASM Global venues (including CGC sites).