As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world.
AO Arena is one of the busiest venues in the world and the largest indoor arena in Europe. Attracting over one million visitors each year, the 21,000 capacity Arena has hosted the biggest names in live entertainment including U2, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Pavarotti and the record-breaking 2010/2011 residency by local comedian Peter Kay.
Working at AO Arena is an exciting and fun opportunity for all, with the added bonus of flexible shifts to fit around the other important things in life. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Events Team working on a casual, event driven basis. As a member of our team, you will be key to the successful operation of an event – from building the stage to providing support during the show. Event experience is desirable however the right person is the most important for our team and full in-house training will be provided for successful candidates.
Customer service is at the heart of everything we do and we are looking for team players that can make a positive contribution to the overall customer experience. We welcome applicants who take pride in their work, have a positive friendly attitude and possess excellent communication skills.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Event Operations Department provides all the practical planning and implementation for events at the AO Arena. This role sits in the Technical Department. This department enacts all of the practical advanced planning by the Events Managers, working closely in the team to ensure that the layouts are correct to the plans, that dressing rooms are set and ready for the artists and that the venue looks great for the arriving audience.
To assist the Senior Events Technician and Events Technician in preparations for all events
This may include, but is not limited to:
- Building the venue’s stage system to the right dimensions.
- Installing the venue’s crowd control barrier.
- Setting the house drape system.
- Setting out floor seating in accordance with the CAD plan provided.
- Preparing dressing rooms and backstage offices in readiness for the arrival of the show
- Setting the concourses and poster sites ready for the show
To work with the team to provide a high standard of liaison with the Event Organisers and Touring Productions as well as with the other departments within the venue.
To assist the Operations and Estates teams with general building maintenance.
To provide a safe environment for all clients and guests visiting the arena following and championing the health and safety policies and procedures.
Who are you?
If you are looking for a way into the Events Industry, this is a great place to start. You don’t need to have a lot of experience – the right fit it the most important thing. But you should have an understanding of the industry, an interest in Events and an enthusiastic willingness to get stuck into anything asked of you.
- You must be able to work unsupervised as well as effectively as part of a team.
- You must be able to work under pressure and use you own initiative to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high standards. When events come to the Arena, the touring teams must feel like they are coming home!
- You will be able to present yourself well – you are the face of the Arena to our back-of-house customers. Uniform will be provided and you must be clean and presentable, no matter what the time of day or night.
- You must be willing to help – whether you are asked by the Tour Production Manager or the AO Arena General Manager, you should be the kind of person who says, ‘yes, I can’.
- To be available to work varied and unsociable hours including weekends, early mornings and late nights. You will need to be punctual as the team will depend on you.
- You will be required to work at height and in confined spaces – you should be physically fit.
- IT skills including hardware, software and systems.
- Rigging understanding and / or experience
- Forklift licence
- First Aid at Work qualification
Successful applicants will join a small team and will be allocated to events or set up days as required by the venue programme. Candidates will be expected to communicate their availability in a timely manner to the Senior Events Technician to ensure events can be correctly covered.
Hourly Rate: from £8.45-9.00 per hour, plus holiday pay accrual