ASM Global is the world’s largest and most trusted Venue Management and Services Company, spanning five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centres, and performing arts venues.
You will be based at First Direct Arena in Leeds, but in a mobile role, supporting our venues within the Estates East Hub: Leeds First Direct Arena, Bonus Arena Hull, Utilita Arena Newcastle and Barbican Theatre York.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
- Undertaking reactive work to building fabric such as fixtures, fittings, walls and doors.
- Undertaking planned preventative maintenance work, such as fire door inspections, fire compartmentation work and planned project work.
- Surveying jobs and obtaining quotations for materials.
- Supporting the other roles within the Hub, providing assistance when and where requested.
- Support the use and development of a CAFM system for job recording.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Assess the requirements for and maintain stock levels
- Promote a positive work culture
- Demonstrate professional conduct and communications with staff, visitors and clients at all times.
- Be willing to undertake training as appropriate for the role
Skills and Qualifications:
- A recognised qualification in Joinery or Carpentry, ideally at City and Guilds level or NVQ 3.
- Time served apprenticeship or demonstrable experience within the joinery Trade.
- Fire door maintenance
- Fire door installation
- Fire stopping installation
- Working hours are 37.5 hours per week over 5 days (usually Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm)
- 20 days annual leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- A full driving licence is required for using the company vehicle to travel to Venues.
- Some working away from home may be required. ASM Global will pay for any accommodation and travel costs.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement to work weekends, evenings and public holidays at certain times to ensure work can be undertaken without disrupting events.