This post is responsible for the development and control of the food and beverage retail operation at the arena. The post holder is expected to provide a safe, effective, courteous and efficient quality service to meet customer requirements, and to support the delivery of the business plan and financial targets.Key accountabilities
- Deliver good quality food and beverage products and service and develop the retail offer to enhance the customer experience and increase per-head spend.
- To ensure the retail and bar operation achieves financial targets of revenue and profit.
- To be responsible for till programming, floats, reports and cash reconciliation post event.
- To supervise the retail F&B team at events and oversee all activities including sales, cashing up, stock control and management and cleaning.
- Ensure all event invoicing and billing is carried out accurately and promptly.
- Report hospitality wage forecasting and payroll to Head of F&B
- To arrange/rota staff for events in an accurate, safe and cost-efficient way and in accordance with business requirements.
- To optimise all F&B revenue streams and to seek new and alternative ideas to bring additional revenue growth.
- To report financial information and stock figures to Finance on a regular basis.
- Report barrelage forecasting on a monthly basis.
- To manage and rotate stock effectively ensuring minimal waste.
- To undertake a hands on role in the F&B operation including taking an active role and working at each event.
- Ensure adherence to company policy on cash handling and all associated procedures.
- Regular line cleaning of dispense equipment.
- To ensure compliance with all food hygiene legislation and that staff at all times comply with Health & Safety regulations; to pursue any training requirements needed for specialist areas.
- Ensure all available resources are used to their optimum to ensure a smoothly run and profitable operation.
- To liaise with all departments to assist with the smooth running of events, ensuring at all times that the high standards expected at the venue are maintained.
- To recruit, train and development the bar and kiosk team.
- Develop the retail offer to remain in line with market trends.
- Work with the Head of F&B to input and oversee development of points of sale in line with business needs and procedures.
- To develop the relationship and manage vendors/sub-contractors.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of F&B and/or the General Manager.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
- Professional catering qualifications and training within the industry.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting, stock and margin control.
- Excellent knowledge of bar work including a thorough understanding of bar dispense equipment and managing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage products.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- The position involves an element of manual handling.
- Hands on approach and be part of the service delivery.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of EPOS systems and stock control.
- Smart appearance and presentation.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good understanding of financial implications and margin control.
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a similar environment ideally within the entertainment/leisure industry operating busy bars and retail food outlets.
- Previous team leader, supervisory or management experience.
- Experience of organising hospitality, functions and events.
- Have a thorough understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations and hold basic food hygiene certificate.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Experience of providing excellent customer care.
- Experience of budget/cost management.
- Experience of working with staff at all levels throughout a company.
- Proven IT experience.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where there will be a requirement to work at other venues operated by ASM Global.