Line Manager: Head of Sales: Conferences, Meetings & Banqueting
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE WITHIN THE ORGANISATION:
P&J Live is operated and managed by ASM Global, the world’s largest and most trusted venue management and services company operating the most prestigious entertainment, sports, and exhibition venues spanning five continents.
With a portfolio of more than 300 stadiums, arenas, convention centres, entertainment districts, theatres, amphitheatres, and equestrian and recreational centres; we connect people through the power of live experiences and leverage the experience of managing and operating venues to provide consulting advice to owners, to deliver world-class venues.
The Association Sales Executive is responsible for the development of the National and International Association market, researching and effectively handling in-bound Association Conference enquiries, bringing these to conclusion, as well as pro-actively initiating new Association business leads.
- Proactively research, identify and develop qualified leads (by phone and email) for National and International Association conference opportunities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new Association clients to secure business for P&J Live
- Produce fully costed proposals and bid documents for Association conferences progressing to client meeting/site visit and eventually contractual stage. Monitor the progress of sales enquiries and chase contracts to conclusion, ensuring that sales procedures are adhered to
- Develop and secure contracted business in line with the agreed overall sales team budget and target
- Identify and promote upsell opportunity to clients with regards to AVIT, production and exhibition facilities
- As part of the Conference and Banqueting team, create content specific to the market sector to use in company newsletters and on the P&J Live website, to further promote the business
- Represent P&J Live at National and International trade shows and events
- Work closely with Team Aberdeen Partners including: VisitAberdeen’s Convention & Events Bureau, Aberdeen City & Shire Hoteliers Associations, the on-site Hotels, VisitScotland, University of Aberdeen and Robert Gordon’s University.
- Identify International Association leads, by using the ICCA database, and progress relevant opportunities in line with the Conference and Meetings Sales Strategy
- Support VisitAberdeen’s Convention & Events Bureau to identify and attract ambassadors to support bids for National and International Association conferences
- Assist with the organisation and running of familiarisation trips hosted by P&J Live, inviting potential conference clients to view the facilities and the destination as a whole providing them with a better insight in to what the venue and the region can offer.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of client events, working closely with the Head of Sales and Association Business Development Manager
- Ensure accurate records are kept within the CRM, updating details for client and logging opportunities and enquiries
- Conduct client show-rounds and site visits
- Work closely with the operational team to ensure feedback is obtained from each client as part of the sales process, attending post event meetings with clients where possible
- All administrative tasks related to the sales process
- Any other tasks directed by the company
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Tourism Management Qualification or equivalent
- Tourism industry knowledge
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and 'people skills'
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, presentation and proposal writing skills
- Experience in a similar role in the business tourism industry
- A good track record of achieving targets