PURPOSE OF THE ROLE WITHIN THE ORGANISATION:
P&J Live is operated and managed by ASM Global, the largest venue operator in the world, which leverages the experience of managing and operating venues to provide consulting advice to owners, to deliver world-class venues.
ASM Global is the world’s largest and most trusted venue management and services company operating the most prestigious entertainment, sports, and exhibition venues spanning five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 stadiums, arenas, convention centres, entertainment districts, theatres, amphitheatres, and equestrian and recreational centres. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, our venues connect people through the power of live experiences.
P&J Live is committed to creating a diverse program of outstanding live entertainment events, conferences, exhibitions and banquets. We are in the business of creating a complete and positive experience for our customers from the moment they become aware of us to the time they recount the visit to others. Each P&J Live employee carries the responsibility for maintaining these high standards and in return the company invests in its personnel through training, equipment and appraisal.
The Assistant Event Catering Manager will work closely with the Event Catering Manager in the development and success of the catering operation at P&J Live, ensuring high levels of service and quality as demanded by our clients and the business as a whole. Assisting with the forecasting, planning and managing of all aspects of the food and beverage operation, including staffing and delivery, whilst maximising revenue through commercial creativity, customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Work alongside the Event Catering Manager to achieve the strategic objectives and overall vision for the business
- Manage the day to day running of the catering operation, looking at ways to consistently improve on product offering and quality standards, ensuring customer satisfaction and budgetary efficiency
- Supporting the Event Catering Manager on monitoring the team’s performance, identify training needs and potential
- Work closely with the catering management team to ensure the venue catering operation achieves, as a minimum, financial revenue and costs targets in line with the annual budget agreed
- Provide information as required to assist with the annual budget process, to achieve and maintain the food and beverage cost in accordance with the budget
- Ensure catering staffing levels are adequate and relevant in line with shift patterns and recognised busy periods
- Drive standards by adhering to SOP manuals and ensure they are relevant and updated regularly
- Attend regular catering team meetings to align with the teams strategic initiatives, targets, standards required and wider company information
- To assist in the development of all client services of the catering operation, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented
- To ensure that the venue meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislations and procedures
- Alongside the catering management team, ensure that all the food and beverage is managed across the entire business
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any task which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Successful and progressive hospitality background in catering
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or above
- Excellent Food & Wine knowledge
- Confident and social individual
- Establishes, maintains and builds positive working relationships
- Listens and communicates clearly and in a constructive manner
- Plans workload to meet targets and deadlines, allowing for changing circumstances
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Emma Richardson - F&B Director