To be the initial point of contact for internal and external Clients upon entering the building, dealing with incoming telephone calls and basic administration tasks.
Main Areas of Responsibility
1. To operate the switchboard transferring calls to the relevant extensions and taking messages
2. Preparation of the daily signing in sheets and transferring them to the meeting point if the building is evacuated
3. Responsibility for signing keys in and out
4. Responsibility for issuing and checking security passes
5. Signing for deliveries and contacting the relevant member of staff to deal with them once delivered
6. Controlling and monitoring the car parks
7. Welcoming visitors and artists and directing them to the correct area
8. To be vigilant and pro-active in the security of the reception areas
9. Responding to the fire panel in case of emergencies
10. Reporting faults to the facilities and/or technical departments
11. Covering colleagues’ shifts due to time off sick or holiday as and when required
12. Attendance at various meetings as required
13. To undertake any other duties which may be deemed necessary by the House Manager.
Skills and Competencies required:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
1. Smart appearance and good personal presentation
2. Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills
3. Experience of providing high quality customer service to internal and external clients
4. A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
5. Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
6. Examples of problem-solving skills in a working environment.
7. Examples of self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative
8. Experience of building and sustaining good working relationships
9. An enthusiastic and positive attitude
The following attributes would be advantageous:
1. Experience of working in an arts environment
2. An understanding of the Data Protection Act
3. An understanding of Access and Disability Issues
4. First aid training
requirements of the Business are such that a high degree of flexibility
is necessary and, some early morning and evening work will be
required. The person appointed to this role will work as part of a team
of four covering business hours on a rota basis. Please note you will
be required to take one week of holiday during August month and no
holiday will be authorised in December month.
To comply with
changes in legislation and company policies training will be provided as
required from time to time of this position in order to maintain the
appropriate levels of service within the facility.