As an Apprentice Venue Engineer you’ll learn new skills in a friendly environment where you’ll be given the guidance and support that you need for a great start to your career.
ASM Global give their people what they need to develop so they can make an even bigger difference within their communities. As an Apprentice Venue Engineer you’ll spend one day a week in college and the rest of the time building your skills. As part of your Apprenticeship you will have a mentor so you won’t be thrown in at the deep end. You’ll be supported so that you feel comfortable and capable.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about learning new things, committed to the college work and keen to build a career. You’ll be a good communicator and you’ll be flexible and presentable as well as practical, logical and methodical.
The Apprenticeship will form part of a three year NVQ / City and Guilds programme working closely with an apprentice training provider.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
- Work with the Hub Estates Manager, Deputy Estate Manager and Estates Hub Teams and Venue Multi Trade Engineers to deliver a high quality service.
- Perform semi-skilled duties related to the repairs and maintenance of a wide variety of venue engineering services and equipment.
- Assist with the installation of temporary electrical installations to support events.
- Develop skills and understanding of Life Support services such as Fire Alarm Systems, Public Address and Voice Activated Systems, Standby Electrical Systems, Close Circuit Television Systems and Building Management Systems.
- Use hand tools and power tools to undertake repairs, maintenance and engineering instalations
- Used many apparatuses such as; hand tools and power tools when performing duties assigned from your supervisor / manager.
- Diagnosed malfunctioning systems using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and to correct the problem.
- Develop skills and understanding regarding statutory compliance and approved codes of practice regarding venue engineering infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and communications with staff, visitors and clients at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability and contribute toward building strong working relationships and effective communication within the all venue departments, with clients, Venues Multi Skilled Engineering Staff and with external contractors.
- Develop PPM schemes for all Plant, Equipment and Building Assets working with ASM Estates
- Ensure the performance of Building Services and Equipment is accurately recorded including all Maintenance inspections and repairs ensuring accurate historic are maintained in line with Legal and Business Critical Requirements.
- Ensure a prompt response to urgent non routine repairs for all venues within the geographical hub area as required.
- To ensure the use of all PPE provided when required for working activities in line with method statements and safe systems of work.
- To take responsibility for the security and good housekeeping of restricted areas, plant rooms, storage areas and workshop spaces.
- Develop a positive health and safety culture and ensure all work activities comply with ASM Global Health and Safety policies and procedures (including environment and safe systems of work policies).
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward learning new skills and undertaking training.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Building Services Infrastructure found in Entertainment Venues including:
Electrical Systems – Maintenance and Testing.
Emergency Lighting Systems.
Building Management Systems.
Security and Access Control Systems.
Fire Alarm Systems.
UPS and Invertor Systems.
• Previous Experience within the Events industry.
• An awareness of Microsoft Office software.
• Awareness of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Software Systems
• Able to demonstrate the necessary communicative skills required for success in the Venue and Events sector. Passionate about service delivery standards and keen to lead by example.
• A self-motivated individual with the ability to problem solve, fault find and undertake repairs under supervision.
• Able to travel within the West and East Hub Geographical Area.
Due to the nature of the role there will be a requirement to work week-ends, evenings and public holidays. The role will involve physical labour tasks including manual handling.
There may be a requirement to travel to other ASM Global Venues.